Monday, March 26, 2012

Just real quick.

There is nothing more soothing than little baby chicks. The way they peep and scratch. And then, at night when you sneak up to their tub and they are all fast asleep and it looks like the aftermath of a college frat party. Or how they literally fall asleep in the middle of eating.  But I just wish they weren't so damned scared of me, don't they know how much I love them?! That I want to hold them and nurture them and name them cute things like Codex and Fawkes? I promise I wont go all Grapes of Wrath on you. Promise, just stop falling over yourselves when you see me.

That said, they aren't all named, so why don't you help? I've got two female "slipper chickens" they will be brownish/tan with feathered feet. Here's what one looks like now:
Someone already suggested Frodo, and I thought that was awful clever but it's a girl so.... Name away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment