Thursday, March 29, 2012

A true "fan girl" moment

So today was a pretty cool fan moment for me. As some of you may know, my New Years resolution is to get Wil Wheaton to retweet (Jesus spell check, retweet a WORD now, enough with the red squiggles) me because he genuinely liked something I said in reply to him.  And it would have to be in reply, because lets me honest @wilw doesn't follow @Only1KristenL (that would be just a bit to much for me, I'd feel required to tweet witty/funny/smart stuff!)

So anyways, Felicia Day who just seems so super cool to me so I follow her tweeted about song birds and how she'd like one to perch on her finger (I totally get that, I think it's Disney's fault for setting up that unreal expectation) and among the comments about poop she also got my picture of my new chick Codex (who is almost 10 days old now!!) Not only did she respond, but she FAVORITED my tweet too!

And really, how could you NOT favorite that little face. I named her Codex because almost my entire flock is named after Characters in The Guild and she's a redhead (Red Sex Link) and she's sweet and really doesn't want to be held, but she'll tolerate it because she's not one to put up a big fuss.  

So you're probably wondering why Wil Wheaton came up in all of this right? Well, Felicia wanted to use my tweet and pic in an upcoming episode of The Flog on her YouTube channel Geek & Sundry  (SERIOUSLY!?) and since my rooster is named after Wil's character on the guild (Fawkes) and he's got this nifty new show called TableTop (all about table top gaming!) on that same channel I figure I'm in the 6 degrees of internet separation from him now, and a smidge closer to my goal. Because maybe he'll think it's endearing I named my rooster after him. Or... maybe he'll worry that I've got a signed picture of him with candles and a lock of hair in my closet, but that would be crazy.. silly even. 

Anyways, I'm rambling. I planned on making a post about when I passed out in the bathtub at Cassie's Batchelorette party, but that will have to wait until another day. Until then, follow me on Twitter (@Only1KristenL) and leave a comment here to let me know you stopped by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment